Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Yarn Along Dec. 19

I love participating in Ginny's Yarn Along!

 

I've been knitting all week!  My dishwasher went out and my hubs and I decided not to get one for awhile.  It's not like I don't know how to do dishes or anything after 37 years of marriage and two children and two grandchildren.  I actually prefer to do dishes sometimes.  It brings back memories of my childhood which included my older sister and I doing the nightly dishes in one of the smallest kitchens I can remember.  It was cozy, though!!!!
But now, the reason for knitting was to get an arsenal of dishcloths for my kitchen.  I am the type that wears my dishcloths out!  They are threadbare when I finally put them in the rag bag (still don't throw them out).  So I got out my cotton stash and went to work.  I actually have enjoyed this knitting because it is mindless and still keeps me busy.  I'm using my old standby pattern which is so simple yet they look so cute!  I must admit her dishcloths look much more appealing than mine but it's a simple pattern.







The book I'm looking at (not really reading but sort of.....kind of.....lol) is Hans Brinker!  I remembered the movie Hans Brinker or The Silver Skates.  It's winter and it's a 'winter' book so thought I'd check it out.





And this is why knitting and reading sound good about now!!!!





Happy Knitting!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment