Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Some Knitting for the Winter

I've been trying to finish some projects started last Winter/Spring.
I did finish the "green" sweater that I wasn't sure about because of the yarn but I do have to say it turned out great.  I had made it for myself but my sweet daughter is a 'green' fan so I couldn't resist just giving it to her.
This was such an easy pattern and a joy to knit (just not in the Summer, too hot).  The pattern was Neck Down Pullover for Women by Diane Soucy, a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern on bought on Patternfish!



The sweater was made with Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" tweed.  It knit up very nicely but seems sort of stretchy.  My daughter loves loose fitting sweaters and it should be very easy to care for since it isn't wool.



I've also been trying to finish my cable socks.  I just have maybe 3 inches to go and I can't seem to pick them up again.  I'm just not enjoying the toe-up patterns as much.  I got this pattern on Ravelry and started them last March.  Boy I didn't do any knitting during the Summer it seems!



I got some great yarn in Durango, CO while my sister was here the end of September and I need to find a pattern to knit them up in.



I started sweaters for the granddaughters and sweater one is coming along nicely.  Very quick and easy knit.  The pattern is very simple and comes in children and adult sizes.  I thought it would be cute over some long sleeved tee shirts in some of the colors in the yarn.

So far that is what I've been up to this Fall and for the start of the Winter.  I am gaining on my projects so will be starting a new pair of socks, SOON!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment